September 18, 2023
Download the latest Air Freight, Ocean Freight and Ground Freight Updates.
The September freight market updates are available for you to download, please don't hesitate to get in touch with your Crane Worldwide Logistics representative or reach out to us here for further information.
As your global freight forwarder and logistics partner, we have freight capacity and warehouse space available to support your operations. With trade advisory and customs advice, we endeavor to support your supply chain with an integrated approach for maximum cost savings and efficiencies.
Air Freight News
- Air cargo capacity, measured in available cargo tonne-kilometers (ACTKs), increased by 11.2%, primarily due to the continued restoration of belly cargo capacity during the summer season.
- Global trade contracted for the third consecutive month, with manufacturing output and new export orders deteriorating. China's weak performance in production and exports is a concerning development for the global economy.
Download Air Freight Updates
Ocean Freight News
- Global demand in the shipping industry has dropped significantly this year, with capacity growing faster than demand.
- Container spot rates from Asia to both North Europe and the Mediterranean have experienced significant declines, leading carriers to implement last minute cancellations of sailings, in addition to their existing aggressive blanking programs.
- The container shipping industry's expectations for a substantial boost in
US imports have shifted from the current slight and short-lived peak season to late December and early January.
Download Ocean Freight Updates
Ground Freight News
- Trucking industry experts are expecting a modest peak shipping season due to freight demand and inventory trends.
- The truck driver shortage continues to be a concern for the following reasons: An aging workforce, barriers to entry for younger workers, underrepresentation of women, and lifestyle preferences.
Download Ground Freight Updates